Saturday, March 22, 2008

Mighty Catchy / Might Annoying #1

Almost every morning I see the ad for the Optimum Online Triple Play presumably targeted to New York's huge Latino population. It is tremendously irritating, but it is very, very memorable. The problem I ran into is that like most funny commercials, I didn't remember the product. My girlfriend and co-workers guessed correctly though that the ad was for Optimum.


The other problem is that you might remember the phone number - at least the last four digits. My co-worker came in singing the tune. Instantly another joined in singing '4 - 4 - 4 - 0' The other very proud co-worker corrected him, and said that last digit is 8. Unfortunately none of us remembered the rest of the number.

The moral of the story is that if you're going to have a jingle in your ads, you need to beat the viewer over the head with the call to action (website or phone number).

No comments: